In preparation for Australia Day (January 26), I will be sharing lots of resources throughout the month to help teach kids about “the land down under.”
Let’s Get Organized…
- Gather a variety of books (fiction, nonfiction, poetry, folktales, biographies, etc.). Here are just some of my favorites.
- Create a folder of bookmarked websites for children to explore. Be sure to preview everything first. Check these out:
- Display artifacts. Music, art, clothing, photographs, etc. may be available for checkout from your local library or District Media Center.
- Schedule guest speakers. Find a native Aussie or someone who has traveled to Australia to come talk to your students.
- Visit our Pinterest page and follow us!