World Geography & Cultures
- Google Earth
Download for free and go explore!
- Google Earth Education
Learn about the many features in Google Earth and how to include it in your learning objectives. Explore a huge library of 360-degree imagery using Street View.
- Teaching with Google Earth
Educational resources from National Geographic to use with Google Earth.
- Google Arts & Culture
Take virtual tours of museum galleries and explore information about artwork.
A web-based geographic discovery game based on Google Street View.
- National Geographic Explorer Classroom
Bring National Geographic into the classroom with these activities, lessons, and units.
- Map Skills for Elementary Students
Teach an assortment of map skills through activities that address the spatial thinking abilities of young children.
- Multicultural Kids Blogs
For families and educators raising world citizens, through arts, activities, crafts, food, language, and love.
- Whole Wide World Toys
Toys and books that help kids explore the world.
Connecting Outside the Classroom
- Skype in the Classroom
Take your students outside the classroom with live learning activities by experts via Skype.
- Mystery Skype
Kids learn about world geography and culture through this global guessing game.
- Global Read Aloud
One Book to Connect the World. Sign up here.
- Virtual Field Trips
Microsoft in Education. Visit experts in the field all around the world.
- Guest Speakers
Connect with guest speakers from around the globe on a variety of topics.
- Reach the World
Bring the world into your classroom by connecting with a traveler.
A free tool connecting classrooms around the world
- Multicultural Children's Book Day
Hundreds of book reviews for diverse literature
- Diversity Book Lists & Activities
Find the books you need to learn about countries, people, activism, and more.
- Barefoot Books
From singalong stories to thought-provoking chapter books, Barefoot books open windows to cultures around the world and mirror the experiences of all children.
- Kids Travel Books
Browse book suggestions from all over the globe. Read book reviews, author interviews, family travel tips and more.
- Colors of Us
Multicultural children’s book & toy recommendations
- We Need Diverse Books
A resource for where to find diverse books
- Google Lit Trips
Travel alongside story characters. Google Earth required.
Free online children's stories with discussion guides designed to encourage exploration of real life issues (bullying, empathy, community, responsibility, and more)
Music and Art
- Songs Around the World, Playing for Change videos
Watch and listen as musicians from many different countries and cultures speak the same language through music.
- Daria World Music for Children
Videos, instruments, songs, and more.
- Songs for Teaching
Multicultural music and diversity songs.
Make multicultural creations as your students learn about the world around them.
- Art Around the World in 30 Days - Art Curator for Kids
30 days. 30 artworks. 30 cultures. 30 experiences.
- Lucky Bamboo Book of Crafts by Jennifer DeCristoforo
Fun projects and creative ideas for kids to learn about Chinese culture and traditional arts. Through the process of making these unique crafts you will learn all about China's amazing ancient history, folk traditions, and festive celebrations.
- 58 Fun and Easy Yoga Poses for Kids
- Videos: Stories, Mindfulness, Yoga, Relaxation, Dance
- 20 Three-Minute Brain Breaks
- 20 Brain Break Clips – Fight the Fidgeting
Hundreds of videos to get kids active at school and at home.
- Miss Panda Chinese Mandarin Chinese for children; language, culture and multilingual parenting resources.
- Bilingual Kidspot Offering practical advice for parents seeking to raise bilingual or multilingual children. Created by an educator and mother, it provides inspiration, tools, and support; with strategies based on experience as a parent, and as a teacher of a foreign language to children.
- Multilingual Parenting Tips and advice for parents raising bilingual children.
- Raising a Trilingual Child Offering practical advice based in personal experience and scientific research for parents raising bilingual, trilingual or multilingual children. It provides language learning resources, too. Stop by to listen to kids radio stations from around the world!