World Geography & Cultures
- Google Earth
Download for free and go explore!
- Teaching with Google Earth
Tips, tricks and tutorials for using Google Earth as a teaching tool.
- National Geographic Explorer Classroom
Bring National Geographic into the classroom with these activities, lessons, and units.
- Map Skills for Elementary Students
Teach an assortment of map skills through activities that address the spatial thinking abilities of young children.
- Multicultural Kids Blogs
For families and educators raising world citizens, through arts, activities, crafts, food, language, and love.
- Kid World Citizen
Activities for parents and teachers to help kids learn about the world and go global.
- Joy Sun Bear
Learn about values and cultural awareness through stories, coloring pages, videos, recipes, and more.
- The Global Mom Show
A podcast and website for moms who want to live globally-minded lives, and teach their kids to do the same.
- Use Resources Wisely
World Thinking Day projects and activities from Girl Scouts around the planet.
- Learning Escapes
A blog inspiring cultural travels with kids.
Connecting Outside the Classroom
- Skype in the Classroom
Take your students outside the classroom with live learning activities by experts via Skype.
- Mystery Skype
Kids learn about world geography and culture through this global guessing game.
- Global Read Aloud
One Book to Connect the World. Kicking off October 2, 2017. Sign up here.
- Virtual Field Trips
Microsoft in Education. Visit experts in the field all around the world.
- Guest Speakers
Connect with guest speakers from around the globe on a variety of topics.
- Reach the World
Bring the world into your classroom by connecting with a traveler.
Multicultural Literature Resources
- Multicultural Children’s Book Day 250+ Book Reviews for Diverse Literature
- Multicultural Children’s Book Day Diversity Book Lists and Activities
- Barefoot Books From singalong stories to thought-provoking chapter books, Barefoot books open windows to cultures around the world and mirror the experiences of all children.
- Kids Travel Books Browse book suggestions from all over the globe. Read book reviews, author interviews, family travel tips and more.
- Colours of Us All About Multicultural Children’s Books & Toys
- We Need Diverse Books Putting more books featuring diverse characters into the hands of all children.
- Diverse Voices: The 50 Best Culturally Diverse Children’s Books The Guardian
- Around the World in 80+ Children’s Books Suggested titles, sorted by country.
- Google Lit Trips Travel alongside story characters. Google Earth required.
Music and Art
- Songs Around the World, Playing for Change videos
Watch and listen as musicians from many different countries and cultures speak the same language through music.
- Daria World Music for Children
Videos, instruments, songs, and more.
- Songs for Teaching
Multicultural music and diversity songs.
Make multicultural creations as your students learn about the world around them.
- Art Around the World in 30 Days - Art Curator for Kids
30 days. 30 artworks. 30 cultures. 30 experiences.
- Lucky Bamboo Book of Crafts by Jennifer DeCristoforo
Fun projects and creative ideas for kids to learn about Chinese culture and traditional arts. Through the process of making these unique crafts you will learn all about China's amazing ancient history, folk traditions, and festive celebrations.
- 58 Fun and Easy Yoga Poses for Kids
Kids Yoga Stories
- Videos: Stories, Mindfulness, Yoga, Relaxation, Dance
Cosmic Kids Yoga
- 20 Three-Minute Brain Breaks
Minds in Bloom
- 20 Brain Break Clips – Fight the Fidgeting
Teach Train Love
Hundreds of videos to get kids active at school and at home.
- Miss Panda Chinese - Mandarin Chinese for children; language, culture and multilingual parenting resources.
- Bilingual Kidspot - Offering practical advice for parents seeking to raise bilingual or multilingual children. Created by an educator and mother, it provides inspiration, tools, and support; with strategies based on experience as a parent, and as a teacher of a foreign language to children.
- Multilingual Parenting – Tips and advice for parents raising bilingual children.
- Raising a Trilingual Child - Offering practical advice based in personal experience and scientific research for parents raising bilingual, trilingual or multilingual children. It provides language learning resources, too. Stop by to listen to kids radio stations from around the world!