- Google Earth
Download for free and go explore!
- Google Earth Education
Learn about the many features in Google Earth and how to include it in your learning objectives. Explore a huge library of 360-degree imagery using Street View.
- Teaching with Google Earth
Educational resources from National Geographic to use with Google Earth.
- Google Arts & Culture
Take virtual tours of museum galleries and explore information about art work.
A web-based geographic discovery game based on Google Street View.
- National Geographic Explorer Classroom
Bring National Geographic into the classroom with these activities, lessons, and units.
- Map Skills for Elementary Students
Teach an assortment of map skills through activities that address the spatial thinking abilities of young children.
- Multicultural Kids Blogs
For families and educators raising world citizens, through arts, activities, crafts, food, language, and love.
- Whole Wide World Toys
Toys and books that help kids explore the world.
- The 5-Clue Challenge
Short videos with 5 clues to guess a location, animal, or person.
- WWF Wild Classroom Lesson Library
A variety of toolkits featuring information guides and activities from the World Wildlife Foundation (WWF).
Learn-at-Home National Geographic Resource Library
Connecting Outside the Classroom
- Skype in the Classroom Take your students outside the classroom with live learning activities by experts via Skype.
Mystery Skype Kids learn about world geography and culture through this global guessing game.
Virtual Field Trips Visit experts in the field all around the world.
Guest Speakers Connect with guest speakers from around the globe on a variety of topics.
- Global Read Aloud
One Book to Connect the World. Sign up here.
From singalong stories to thought-provoking chapter books, Barefoot books open windows to cultures around the world and mirror the experiences of all children. *Affiliate Link: Support our free website by purchasing through our link - at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
- We Need Diverse Books
A resource for where to find diverse books
- Diversity Book Lists & Activities
Find the books you need to learn about countries, people, activism, and more.
- Diverse Book Finder
Locate and explore children's picture books featuring BIPOC (Black and Indigenous people and People of Color).
- Kids Travel Books
- Browse book suggestions from all over the globe. Read book reviews, author interviews, family travel tips and more.
- Colors of Us
Multicultural children’s book & toy recommendations
- Multicultural Children's Book Day
Hundreds of book reviews for diverse literature
- Eeyagi Tales
Stories and Books in Korean and Chinese
- Google Lit Trips
Travel alongside story characters. Google Earth required.
Make multicultural creations as your students learn about the world around them.
- Art Around the World in 30 Days - Art Curator for Kids
30 days. 30 artworks. 30 cultures. 30 experiences.
- Lucky Bamboo Book of Crafts by Jennifer DeCristoforo
Fun projects and creative ideas for kids to learn about Chinese culture and traditional arts.
- 58 Fun and Easy Yoga Poses for Kids
- Videos: Stories, Mindfulness, Yoga, Relaxation, Dance
- 20 Three-Minute Brain Breaks
- 20 Brain Break Clips – Fight the Fidgeting
Hundreds of videos to get kids active at school and at home.
- Miss Panda Chinese Mandarin Chinese for children; language, culture and multilingual parenting resources.
- Bilingual Kidspot Offering practical advice for parents seeking to raise bilingual or multilingual children. Created by an educator and mother, it provides inspiration, tools, and support; with strategies based on experience as a parent, and as a teacher of a foreign language to children.
- Multilingual Parenting Tips and advice for parents raising bilingual children.