Discover and celebrate Chinese New Year with engaging learning activities that can be used for any zodiac year.
- Follow step-by-step written directions to create banners and lanterns.
- Practice basic mapping skills to locate China.
- Sequence the steps for making dumplings.
- Play a traditional Chinese children’s game.
- Compare new year traditions using a Venn diagram.
- Read & Respond Activities (Books are not included. YouTube versions may be available.)
-Students learn the ancient legend explaining the animals chosen for the Chinese zodiac, and make a fan for retelling the tale. Chinese zodiac animal props are also included for dramatization activities.
-Read The Runaway Wok by Ying Chang Compestine. Students complete a cause and effect worksheet. Differentiated versions (three levels) are included to help meet individual needs and/or provide student choice.