Grade Level(s): K-2
Resource Type: Book Companion
Total Pages: 48
Answer Key: Included
File Type: PDF
Read Your World Across the Curriculum
Catch That Goat! A Market Day in Nigeria by Polly Alakija is the mentor text for this product.
Follow the adventure of a young Yoruba girl searching for her runaway goat and practice important skills through our engaging activities.
Our Book Companion includes
Teacher Notes for Before, During & After Reading
- Geography: Map of Nigeria
- Story Elements: Identify the problem and solution
- Numbers 1-10: Represent numbers with words, pictures, and tally marks
- Bar Graph: Read and record a set of data
- Number Puzzles: Match numbers and words (in English and Yoruba)
- Animals: Discover the Nigerian Dwarf Goat
- Culture: Share Yoruba language, clothing, and more!
Read Your World Map & Key for exploring diverse books all year
Explore Nigeria’s geography and culture with our guided country research project for young explorers.