Explore and compare countries from around the world!
Students are the explorers in these country research projects.*
Using books and websites, including our own kid-friendly country profile pages, students investigate the geography and culture of different countries.
20 Countries: Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Egypt, England, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Thailand, United States
Each Research Project includes
- A Draft Book for guiding young explorers through the research process – providing step-by-step directions and graphic organizers to record information about a variety of topics. (See below)
- Project Templates that offer students a fun and creative way to share their discoveries through a final product (interactive notebook, poster, etc.).
- A Choice Menu Board with additional activities to choose from – such as preparing a dish and reading a folktale.
- A 4-Point Rubric for the students to review their final product before sharing it and for the teachers to assess the final product after the student shares it.
- An Answer Guide that provides possible answers for the Draft Book.
- A Globe Trottin’ Kids Passport & country “stamps”
- Draft Book: identify the country’s location on a world map and continent map; complete a compass rose, country map, and map key
- Templates: maps
- Draft Book: record information about the country’s population, area, climate, products, and currency
- Template: interactive wheel
- Draft Book: color the country’s flag and describe the meaning of its color(s) and symbol(s)
- Template: country flag
- Draft Book: learn common words and phrases in the country’s official language
- Template: vocabulary flaps
- Draft Book: choose dishes to create a menu for a day
- Template: menu
- Draft Book: record traditional clothing for males and females
- Template: paper dolls
- Draft Book: list popular sports and activities
- Template: soccer ball
- Draft Book: identify and classify by species
- Template: pocket and example strips
- Draft Book: describe the important contributions of individuals
- Template: picture frames
Holidays & Celebrations
- Draft Book: complete a 4 Ws (what, when, where, why) and 1 H (how) chart
- Template: Save the Date cards
Globe Trottin’ Kids country research projects can be completed as a class, in cooperative learning groups, or as an independent learning center.
- Develop geographical and cultural awareness.
- Build cross-cultural understanding and appreciation.
- Encourage further investigation of global topics.
- Introduce beginning research skills through a guided process.
- Inspire creativity with an engaging personalized project.
- Practice communication skills with a presentation of their final product.
* These research products do not include information about the countries. The student gathers the information through investigation.