Australia Country Research Project
Engage children in a variety of interactive activities as they research the geography and culture of Australia.
Students work independently, with a partner, or in a small group to research Australia using classroom books and websites (including ours!). They complete a variety of activities to create a fun, interactive final presentation – making a wonderful artifact to share and keep.
- Maps: practice basic map skills using a world map and a continent/country map
- Country stats: record the country’s population, area, products, climate, and currency on a fact wheel
- Flag: color a sample flag and write a description of what the colors and symbols mean
- Language: learn common words and phrases in the country’s official language
- Food: plan a menu for a day
- Sports: name popular sports/activities
- Animals: identify and classify, creating a pocket chart
- Clothing: illustrate (or construct) traditional clothing on paper dolls
- Famous People: identify individuals and their achievement(s)
- Holidays & Celebrations: describe the traditions of several holidays
Australia Learning Resources for Kids Explore the Land Down Under using a variety of suggested resources.