International Book Giving Day takes place every year on February 14. The event is about sharing the love of books, and the goal is getting books into the hands of as many children as possible.
How to get involved in International Book Giving Day
- Print, display, and share the event’s poster (above).
- Gift books to friends, family, and/or strangers.
- Donate gently used books to a local library, hospital, or shelter.
- Support organizations that distribute books to children in need. Playing by the Book offers a great list of 150+ book charities that will help get books to children.
- Connect with others using the hashtag #bookgivingday
- Organize a book swap.
- Hold a fundraising event, and donate collected books or money.
- Leave books on benches at your local playground with a bookmark or bookplate.