International Book Giving Day takes place every year on February 14.
The event is about sharing the love of books, and the goal is to get books into the hands of as many children as possible.
Celebrate International Book Giving Day
- Print, display and share the event’s poster (above).
- Gift books to friends, family, and/or strangers.
- Donate gently used books to a local library, hospital, or shelter.
- Support organizations that distribute books to children in need.
- Connect with others using the hashtag #bookgivingday
- Organize a book swap.
- Hold a fundraising event, and donate collected books or money.
- Leave books on benches at your local playground with a bookmark or bookplate.