Get kids moving and learning with bilingual songs, dances, and games.
¡Muévete! Songs for a Healthy Mind in a Healthy Body provides a fun interactive musical experience with bilingual educator, children’s author, and internationally acclaimed recording artist José-Luis Orozco.
The CD, produced by Smithsonian Folkways*, features various Latino musical styles and includes nine tracks in Spanish followed by the same nine tracks in English.
Develop basic language skills, facilitate musical expression, and encourage healthy nutrition – !Muévete!
We’re giving away one copy of this CD! Tag someone in our Facebook Post before Friday, May 8 at noon EST!
Disclosure: We received a complimentary copy of this CD for review purposes; however, all opinions are our own.
!Muévete! Songs for a Healthy Mind in a Healthy Body
Music That Moves & Educates
Prepare for action! Kids will be
- balancing on one foot with Domingo Flamingo
- jumping with the Popcorn song / Palomitas de Maíz
- dancing to The Dance of All the Colors / El Baile de los Colores
- reaching to the sky and touching the ground in Up High-Down Low
- clapping, stomping, turning, and more!
Join the fun with this video for Clap, Tap, Tralalá.
And while they’re having fun, kids will be
- building bilingual oral language skills through counting and basic vocabulary
- developing listening comprehension skills through active participation
- practicing healthy habits through movement and song
Preview, Download, Purchase ¡Muevete! –Smithsonian Folkways
- !Muévete! Songs for a Healthy Mind in a Healthy Body features various instruments, including the guitarrón, congas, güiro, gaita, maracón, and tambor alegre. Research them further.
- For a great companion to ¡Muévete! check out Orozco’s Grammy-nominated album ¡Come Bien! Eat Right!
- After more than 50 years, José-Louis Orozco continues to travel the globe and bring his work to hundreds of thousands of kids, families, and teachers. Visit his website to learn more about his work and appearances.
- Explore more music at Smithsonian Folkways Recordings
Discover More Music
- Songs in the Shade of the Cashew and Coconut Trees: Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes from West Africa and the Caribbean is a musical picture book with beautiful illustrations, informational background text, and a CD of 23 traditional songs for bedtime and playtime.
- Take a Musical Journey to Africa, a children’s music CD by Congolese-American artist “Papa Siama” Matuzungidi and singer “Auntie Dallas” Johnson, introduces children to African culture, rhythms and music.
- Grow Your Own Musical Instrument with help from Daria – World Music for Children.
*Smithsonian Folkways Recordings is the nonprofit record label of the Smithsonian Institution, the national museum of the United States. Their mission is to document music, spoken word, instruction, and sounds from around the world.