India Research Project
Country research projects are instrumental in helping students develop geographic and cultural awareness.
In this country research project, students take the role of the explorer. Using a variety of resources, including our kid-friendly website, they discover the geography and culture of India.
View our India Profile page.
A Draft Book guides explorers through the research process, providing step-by-step directions and graphic organizers for note-taking.
Project Templates help students share their discoveries in an interactive notebook or on a poster or presentation board.
- Choice Board with additional activities to choose from, including preparing a traditional dish and reading a folktale.
- 4-Point Rubric for students to review their final product before sharing it and for the teachers to assess the final product after the student shares it.
- Answer Guide that provides possible answers for the Draft Book.
- Globe Trottin’ Kids Passport & India “stamp”
Country Research Project: India | Topics & Activities
- identify the country’s location on a world map and continent map
- complete a compass rose
- create a map key
- label a country map according to the map key
- record the country’s population, area, climate, products, and currency
- color the country’s flag
- describe the meaning of its color(s) and symbol(s)
- learn common words and phrases in the country’s official language
- create a menu for a day
- design traditional clothing (paper, fabric) for paper dolls
- identify popular sports and activities
- classify by animal group and display in a pocket chart
- sketch a portrait and write a description of the individual’s contributions
Holidays & Celebrations
- create Save the Date cards using 4Ws (what, when, where, why) and 1 H (how)
A country research project is a fun learning experience for the whole class, cooperative groups, or independent investigations.
Please Note: This country research project does not include information about the country. Students conduct their own research and record their own notes as part of this project.
🌎 Related Post: Helpful Resources for Country Research Projects
Encourage further exploration with additional country research projects.
Kids will love learning about our diverse world and filling their passports!
Save money, and buy a Country Research Bundle!
All country research projects are also available for purchase on Teachers Pay Teachers.