World geography puzzles provide an opportunity to lay the early foundation for global citizenship while practicing important development skills.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, we receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you for supporting our global education mission.
Puzzles are engaging learning tools with many benefits.
Floor and tabletop puzzles provide an opportunity for screen-free creative play and developing important social, cognitive, and motor skills. Problem-solving, critical thinking, memory, hand-eye coordination, spatial perception, concentration, and perseverance – just to name a few.
*Be mindful when choosing a puzzle. Consider age, abilities, safety, and guidance.
Introduce and reinforce world geography awareness through puzzles.
Our World Jumbo Floor Puzzle from Mudpuppy
Ages 3 and up
- This puzzle consists of 25 extra-thick pieces that are perfect for little hands.
- Colorful illustrations of animals provide an opportunity for practicing naming and counting.
- Printed with soy-based inks, they are non-toxic for children.
- A sturdy box stores the pieces and a rope handle makes it easy to take with you.
- The finished puzzle measures 22″ x 22″
Purchase Our World Jumbo Floor Puzzle
Map of the World from Mudpuppy
- This 78-piece puzzle is great for discovering the continents and oceans by name, shape, and location.
- 17 special puzzle pieces are shaped like icons of the region, such as the Eiffel Tower, Taj Mahal, kangaroo, and giraffe.
- A sturdy storage box shows the completed puzzle.
- The finished puzzle measures 23” x 16.5”
Purchase Map of the World
World Puzzle + Poster by Crocodile Creek
Ages 6 and up
For more experienced puzzlers, this tabletop puzzle and matching poster feature illustrations by David Dean (Barefoot World Atlas and The Barefoot Book of Children).
- This puzzle contains 200 thick puzzle pieces.
- A sturdy cardboard canister with a rope handle is helpful for cleanup and storage.
- The finished puzzle size is 19” x 13”
- Includes a matching poster, measuring 16” by 24”
Purchase World Puzzle + Poster
World Cities Poster + Puzzle by Crocodile Creek
Locate cities near and far with this challenging tabletop puzzle.
- 200 beautifully illustrated thick puzzle pieces
- a sturdy canister for easy storage
- a matching poster, measuring 16” by 24”
- the finished puzzle size is 19” x 13”
Purchase World Cities Poster + Puzzle